Wednesday 11 May 2011

N5 Million for Deceased Corps Members Family


Our president has paid 5 million naira each to the 10 families of the deceased corps members who lost their lives during the recent post-presidential election. All the corps members involved were serving in Bauchi state. While I don’t think this is enough, I hope the panel set up comes up with something real and the perpetrators pay for their act. The president at the meeting he held with the aggrieved family members also promised employment for a member of each family.

I hear Bauchi State’s Governor, Isa Yuguda who many did not know before now is still busy. I heard he’s busy trying to tell us all that he was misquoted and that he did not say what he meant. Sorry; he did not mean what he said. I pray the new committee set up to look into the issue would make some arrest and help us understand the workings of the mind of these perpetrators. Making a northerner, Sheik Ahmed Lemu the head of the panel was a nice move on Jonathan’s chess board. I am happy the NYSC would not be the same after this incident. May the souls of these beautiful ones who were born but killed rest in sound peace. If Ayi Kwei Ama were a Nigerian he would have written a sequel to his well read work.

2 comments:

Fisayo said...

This is good, Fifty million naira! But it isn't enough. If only the government channelled half of that money into building the country's ailing security network, we can avoid preventable loss of lives, as it happened to the corps members.

MsB said...

I hope this is true.I read an interview on The Governor of Bauchi recently and I felt like crying when He said it was there destiny to die and that he too has yet been a victim during hez dayz in Ibadan...I hope this are all media exaggerated